Every year millions of rands are spent unblocking pipes caused by a build–up of fat, oil and grease (FOGs) illegally entering our drainage systems, which puts tremendous stress on the City’s waste water systems, resulting in massive damage to our environment. The sewer reticulation system is only geared to accept toilet waste (urine, excrement and toilet paper) and sink/ basin/ bath waste (water, washing liquid and soap); whilst the storm water reticulation system is only geared to accept rainwater.Anything else has a negative impact on the system and ultimately causes blockages. The South African Government is clamping down on those who contravene the Wastewater By-Law. Fat Traps offers a professional, socially responsible and price effective solution as a leader in liquid waste management.
What is a Fat/Grease Trap?
- A Fat Trap is a container which captures all waste water where food is prepared. The trap separates the Fat, Oil and Grease from the waste water ensuring that only the clear water then enters the sewer system. A Fat / Grease Trap varies from a capacity of 45 litres to 100 000 litres and more.
Why Use Our Fat Traps?
- SABS approved.
- Our unique design has been supplied to South Africa’s leading brands across the restaurant and hotel industry, wine farms, corporate companies and government institutions.
- Our Fat Traps are manufactured from Stainless Steel (Grade 304) to ensure minimal acid corrosion and are stain resistance.
- Our design ensures easy cleaning, minimum dirt collection and high flow rates.
- We design and supply customized Fat / Grease Traps to your specification.
Why Use Our Fat Trap Services?
- We are recognized by the Council and Municipality as leaders in the maintenance and servicing of Grease / Fat Traps
- We supply our clients with certification ensuring compliance with council rules and regulations as per Wastewater By-Law, Chapter 1, Section 3: Protection of Municipal Sewers.
- We remove and clean the entire content of the Grease / Fat Trap – of all sizes!
- We utilize leading technology in the clearing out of the Grease / Fat Trap – our equipment is imported and ensures high volumes are removed.
- We ensure the environmentally and hygienically responsible removal & disposal of waste.
- Our prices are highly competitive.
- Our staff comprises of highly trained individuals.
- We utilize environmentally friendly, bio-degradable degreaser to ensure that the trap/tank is clean.
- We utilize high pressure water jetting equipment to flush out the inlet and outlet waste pipes.
- We provide on-site training to your staff to ensure daily maintenance is conducted.
- We sell highest quality Fat Traps.
- We design waste water systems.
The Result of Our Services:
- Compliance to Municipal rules and regulations (refer to the Wastewater By-Law).
- Clear sewerage lines.
- Fewer blockages.
- Elimination of foul odours.
- Improved cost management of maintenance budgets.
- A more hygienic environment – fewer vermin and insects.
- Keeping our environment clean, keeping our country green.
Fat Traps is your Fat and Grease Trap Cleaning Specialist!
Drain Blasters is the leader in the cleaning of both domestic and industrial drains, clearing blocked drains of all sizes. Whether the blockage has occurred in a toilet, basin, shower, kitchen sink, exterior drain, sewerage or storm water line, Drain Blasters will assist.
Why Use Drain Blasters?
- Drain Blasters only works with the latest technology and equipment, using high pressure water-jetting.
- We clean and pump out French Drains, Septic Tanks and Grease Traps.
- Our portable equipment can be carried into buildings and lifts in order to access those hard to reach places.
- We provide high quality CCTV camera footage in order to detect and identify blockages.
- We eliminate the infestation of vermin. Our equipment kills cockroaches and their eggs breeding inside your drains.
- Our team is made up of professional and highly experienced individuals.
- Our prices are competitive.
- We provide long term solutions by offering maintenance contracts.
- We provide expert advice.
- We offer a 24/7 service.
Blockages are Caused By:
- Solids being flushed down toilets.
- The build-up of fat, oil and grease from sinks.
- Cement, sand and foreign elements trapped within lines. (especially common in property development)
- Tree roots growing and interfering with the drainage system.
- Solids and other foreign elements being disposed of in sinks, baths, showers and basins.
- Leaves, pebbles and other foreign elements getting stuck in exterior pipes.
CANOPY AND KITCHEN FILTER CLEANING
EcoWaste Kitchen Canopy and Canopy Filter Cleaning Division specialise in the cleaning of commercial and industrial kitchen canopies / extractor units.
We Offer the Following Services:
- Extraction Canopy Cleaning: EcoWaste does an entire cleaning of the extraction canopy.
- Filter Cleaning: EcoWaste removes and cleans the filters and assesses if a new replacement is required.
- Duct Cleaning: The grease is removed from the vertical and horizontal connecting ducts, where possible.
- Extraction Fan & Outlet: EcoWaste will check and clean the fan motor, blades, fan housing, outlet and weather cowl, increasing the extraction efficiency and preventing burn out. The efficiency (airflow) of the fan and outlet is tested on completion of the clean.
- Cleaning Certificates: EcoWaste Kitchen Canopy and Canopy Filter Cleaning Division will issue a cleaning certification on completion of the service, stating the date of the service, service procedure and next due date. These certificates are required by the Fire Department, Health Department and Insurance companies for inspection purposes and in the event of a fire starting in the kitchen.
- Cleaning Products: we use eco-friendly products which are water based and food safe.